Old February 2nd 05, 10:04 PM
JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMilk

I've never used the easy share program before, but if he has run any disk
utilities lately, bets are that what ever was in that
c:\docsandsettings\localsetting\applicationdata\mi crosoft\tmep or whatever
the path was, is now history.

your train of thought on the thumbs makes sense to me though.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Helping a friend with their PC and Kodak Easyshare.

He found a few pictures in an album (where Kodak Easyshare software
displayed a thumbnail of the pics) he wanted to save to CD. However
when he clicked on them he received an error message stating the file
was not found. The location specified was a zip file located somewhere
in a Temp directory under Local Settings (in XP).

Question 1
***His question is how they could be deleted but show the thumbnail.
Also why it pointed to a temp directory under Local Settings, Temp
directory??

My Thinking:
I was thinking that somehow he deleted them. I also said to him that
Kodak Easyshare must keep a database of pictures (thumbnails) where you
can right click on the properties and get the file name and size of the
picture----BUT----that does not mean the file is still there.

Thoughts/Comments?

_________

Question 2
Also, one thing I wondered is that while you can create an ALBUM name
in Kodak Easyshare, it does not seem to use that name in the XP File
system. I at least could not find it in a search or Explore of
directories.

Is this right?

Thanks so much
Patty