Old May 22nd 04, 05:15 AM
Stacey

Default Kodak and Fuji discontinues reversal paper ( OT but still photography)

MikeWhy wrote:

I heard on the grapevine but haven't confirmed with first sources yet,
that Kodak and Fuji both stopped producing reversal papers. Ilford
continues to make Ilfochrome. The rationale is that Type R prints, direct
positive, have always been problematic and inferior to neg-pos processes.
Whether you like it or not, scanning appears to be not only superior to
direct wet prints, it will be the only way forward.

You're right and this is why I tell people if you want prints, shoot print
film...

I doubt they are going to get rid of RA-4 since that's what they print
digital stuff on as well. Those "type R" prints have always been ugly IMHO,
good ridance! As you said ilfochrome is still around and it is the best of
this type paper anyway.

--

Stacey