Old January 18th 06, 11:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Default Nikon is quitting LF lenses

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:59:52 -0500, Lloyd Erlick Lloyd at @the-wire.
dot com wrote:

January 16, 2006, from Lloyd Erlick,

I've always been confused by the ability of
the right to present itself as fiscally
responsible.

People will believe almost anything. Especially if it is dressed up
with psuedo-patriotic dogma. Here in the US we've had Ronny, Dubya &
Dubya pounding the ol' war drums at every opportunity. After 18 years
of Republican dominion, the paranoia that was supposed to have ended
with the Cold War is back and more insidious than ever.

Right wing administrations have
consistently set new records in deficit
spending, not only in USA but Canada
(Mulroney Conservative administration before
1995), and in the UK, the Thatcher government
(might be wrong on this one).

Buying office by greasing the businesses that support them of course.

Then the Democrats or whatever they're
calling themselves have to come around and
pick up the pieces, and after they've spent a
decade or more balancing the books, they get
portrayed in the media (owned by right wing
interests hmm??) as corrupt or inept or some
such and booted out, so the public can go
from the skillet to the fire, again.

I think you're quite right about the media. A strange dichotomy of
conservative owners and liberal writers.

Why do people keep falling for it? Too
dumbed-down to think? Too uneducated?

Certainly here in America. This is another strange dichotomy in that
America has about 90% of the best coleges in the world and yet our
public education system for grades k~12 is a complete shambles.

(Canada
keeps flirting with the secession of about a
third of the country - Quebec. Talk about
rolling the dice at election time.)

One thing I can say from my experience with numerous Candians is that
they are far more polite, reasonable and probably better education
than than the majority of Americans.

John