Old February 18th 04, 07:18 PM
jjs

Default What was wrong with film?

"Gregory W Blank" wrote in message
"jjs" wrote:

We are talking about the average consumer, and as one who supports

hundreds
of digital users, let me tell you they are making new legends in stupid
mistakes, silly assumptions. I think it's time to stop using the word
'format'. It's a techie term. 'Prepare and Erase' might be better for

the
consumer.

Or oops, I lost that prize winning image when my hard drive when up in

smoke :-)

One of my former colleagues has been a professional photojournalist for
over forty years. He even has a Pulitzer, or three if you count shared
prizes. His paper went all digital not long ago. Now imagine being the poor
young technophile who tried to convince this hugely talented, experience
curmudgeon that film is a Bad Thing. Well, the poor young dweeb started her
pitch with "After each shot you can look at the back of the camera to see if
it came out!" His response? Well, I swear that churchbells were going to
rock a thousand miles away. From his laughter. Gales of laughter!