Old May 30th 04, 09:54 AM
David Nebenzahl

Default Pondering purchase of a Graflex Press camera

On 5/29/2004 11:26 PM klink spake thus:

A co-worker told me a relative of his wants to sell a Graflex Press
camera. He (the relative) is a retired photographer. I think he
purchased the Graflex in the sixties or late fifties. It was used as a
studio camera. I know zilch about large format photography and even
less about Graflex cameras. Is there a place on the net where I can
find ballpark values? I have no idea what I should offer.

Yes: one obvious place is eBay. Look for Crown Graphics and Speed Graphics
(both 4x5 press cameras made by Graflex*). I wouldn't take prices there as
gospel, but they should give you a pretty good idea of what a fair price is.\

*-unless you want the "baby" Graphics made for 120 rollfilm.

--
Civilization is just a temporary failure of entropy.

- Christine Nelson