Old November 9th 17, 05:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Ah well...

On 11/9/2017 2:07 AM, Noons wrote:
On 8/11/2017 1:52 @wiz, nospam wrote:

No.Â* They build the same boring old cameras that were great news 55
years ago: slrs.Â* The "D" in front is just for marketing.

nonsense. the d is for digital. there weren't digital cameras 55 years
ago.

But there were slrs.Â* And that is old news.

Nowadays?Â* No way!

considering what it can do, it's cheap.

Like I said: nowadays? No way!

nikon lenses are quite good.

when they work...

Aww, let me see...
Lack of modern products at a reasonable price, capable of keeping them
afloat while other companies sell a better product and stay on the
market?

nonsense.

Good.Â* Keep using their crap.
I won't.

That's your choice. I own a bunch of Nikon lenses, some of them dating
back to about 1974. IIRC one lens I purchased was defective. It was
replaced on the spot. I recently had an issue with my D500, which is now
out of warranty. Nikon took care of the repair, at no cost. The original
reasons I went with Nikon we at that time, they were the only ones
making a zoom lens in a range that I considered perfect for snapshots of
my kids. (43-86 f3.5, yes I know it is considered a crap lens, but it
was perfect for my use.) and the Nikon repair facility was about ten
minutes from my house.
I had tested other systems, and just didn't like the feel, or couldn't
afford them.

--
PeterN