Old August 19th 04, 02:53 AM
Mark B.

"bob" wrote in message
om...
As a rookie, I have a Canon EOS Rebel (film) camera with a
ProMaster 70-300mm lens.
I'm getting a Nikon D70. Is there an adapter that will allow
me to use the Canon ProMaster lens on my Nikon D70 body ?
If so, roughly how much $ and where to get ? And what are
the downsides (auto focus won't work ? etc ?).
I simply cannot afford another 300mm lens yet and need one to
shoot football with the D70. So even if it is not ideal to
reuse my ProMaster lens, if I can't then I can't get the D70
yet and must suffer through another football season shooting
film (very badly) with my Canon Rebel.

So is going digital supposed to make you shoot well? That's not how it
works. Anyway, ProMaster lenes are very low-end consumer lenses made by
Sigma. I wouldn't go to too much trouble to adapt it to another mount. Why
not go with the Canon 300D? Even 10D prices have started to drop, and that
was before the 20D was leaked.

Mark