Old December 15th 15, 07:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
android

Default The answer is #42

In article ,
Michael Benveniste wrote:

On 12/14/2015 1:15 PM, android wrote:
There has been alot of mail to the site asking why I prefer Canon over
Nikon.

Mail to the site? Really? As in letters on paper? Well, I guess it
is Usenet after all, so it's certainly possible that a post from 2004
just made it here. The failure to auto-correct "alot" is another sign
pointing to an ancient post.

I've always been fascinated by the facts that some adults take in their
spelling, Did you get a blue ribbon for that as a child?

That particular article gave the $8000 Canon 1Ds Mark II a score of
9.8 and the $5000 Nikon D2x a score of 9.1, arguably making the Nikon
the better value. But if the differences pointed out in that article
led you to drop the extra 3 grand for the Canon, that's cool too.

I actually did not buy any of those cameras at the time, but found that
the rendering of colors was applicable to other models and makes too and
that one did not have to suffer the dreary colors of the Evolt. If you
had cared look at the files on the disk (those that are featuring
giraffes) you would see my point.

hope this belated response finds you well and still shooting Canon
rather than chasing from brand to brand.

In fact I am, but the prepareness to stray is there if I find something
that I like better.

I also hope that your fans keep that card and letter coming in!

--
teleportation kills