Old July 22nd 04, 02:07 AM
Mark Kovalcson

Default Lens advice: Tamron 70-300 f/ 4-5.6 vs. Nikon 70-300mm f/4-5.6D ED vs. Sigma 70-300mm. Supra II Macro

Thanks Mark

That is a grand job you have done of listing the available range.
Had cost been no object, I would have gone for the Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR and

had been considering the Nikon 70-300 ED.
In the end I decided on the Sigma 70-200 2.8, and have been very happy

with
it in all respects.

Dennis

I've heard good things about the Sigma 70-200 f2.8, but my understanding is
that you need to stop it down to f4 before it is sharp and it is slow to
focus. Still many are a fan of that lens.

This site has some reasonable reviews of lenses by lens owners.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/

Here is a good link for Canon lens reviews.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...n_lenses.shtml