Old October 30th 04, 09:45 PM
Frank Pittel

What you need to do is move up to a newsreader capable of threading. That way you
can read a thread from begining to end. Once you move into the modern era of
reading news you'll realise that it's far easier to read the posts when the
replies are on the top. It saves from scrolling to the bottom of each and every
post.

Alan Browne wrote:
: Craig Schroeder wrote:

: Alan... What is the root of resistance to top-posting? I'm asking in
: a manner of curiosity.

: example:
: A: Because it makes reading the sequence of posts difficult
: Q: Why?
: A: No
: Q: Should I top post?

: That is the standard example. Two nettiquette "standards" applying to usenet
: postings: 1) snip away irrelevant text; 2) bottom post (and/or interleave the