Old April 27th 18, 02:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default The Photoshop "Straighten Tool"?

On 2018-04-23 16:09:27 +0000, PeterN said:

On 4/22/2018 6:23 PM, Peter Jason wrote:
Wide-angle photos have a confusing number of lines.

Which one should be used for straightening the image?

One in the very center perhaps?

When I have several lines, I pick the one I that I feel should be
straight, of course that may vary with the image. I your camera and
lens is listed, The ACR filter has a setting for automatic adjustment.
As nospam suggested, You can also use the WA adjustment tool in PS.

I ordered a boxed DxO ViewPoint 3 today, almost half price compared to
their website. I'm very happy with the trial look forward to have access
to it in Photoshop and Photoline on a longterm basis.

I have an old version of Viewpoint. I use it so rarely that i did not
update it. I found the adjustments in PS worked just fine for my
purposes. YMMV

--
PeterN