Old June 2nd 14, 09:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Default Sony's new A7s (12mp FF) why do you need a separate "recorder"to record HD and 4K video?

On 2014.06.02, 08:12 , J. Clarke wrote:

The top grossing movie of all time was shot on digital and won a "Best
Cinematography" Oscar. Here's a list of movies shot using Red digital
cinema cameras: http://www.red.com/shot-on-red?genre=All. And anybody
who thinks that digital is only for high end movies needs to see
"Monsters", which had a $500,000 budget. Anybody who thinks that there's
a technological obstacle to making feature movies using digital just
hasn't been paying attention.

A lot of feature movies and television shows are made digitally. But
many DP's prefer film generally (whether for technical, aesthetic, both
or other reasons) or based on the needs of the project.

As to budget, it may be cheaper in the end for lower budget movies to go
to digital. The larger the overall budget the less important is the
film v. digital decision and the producer and director defer to the DP.

--
I was born a 1%er - I'm just more equal than the rest.