Old July 2nd 09, 04:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Default Can't recommend the Olympus EP-1 for manual focus lenses

Bob Larter wrote:
... and Rich's stupidity goes on and on ... wrote:

Many people, some exceptional pros included, migrate from DSLRs to
high-quality P&S cameras after they have become better at photography and
have finally woken up to the detrimental and photography-crippling scam
that is the DSLR.

HAHahahahahahahahaha!

Well, it's true, you just have to squint right.
"Many people" means 'more than I can count, and I can count to 3'.
"some exceptional pros' reads 'I'm sure there are 2, maybe 3, who
are professing to be photographers'. "migrate" is 'also aquire'
and "high-quality P&S cameras" is the codeword for 'walk around
camera', including phone cameras. "have finally woken ... is
the DSLR" is the very wordy and noisy version of 'found that
carrying 10kg of lenses and stuff may not be compatible with the
non-photographer SO, and isn't needed for snapshotting'.

In other words, "stupidity" writes roughly:
Finding their DSLRs too encumbering for some activities and
not needed for snapshots in sunlight, a few people, probably
also some that are professing to be photographers, have also
aquired a walk around camera.
See? It's the complete truth.

Most people who own DSLRs however start with compact cameras and
get fed up with the limitations.

-Wolfgang