Old May 1st 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default New D50 owner seeks reasonably good lens selection to collect over time...

Buy_Sell wrote:
Hi Scott,

I am in the same dilemna with my D70s. If you are on a budget, the one
lens that I can recommend for low light photography is the AF Nikkor
50mm f/1.8

And if you're not on a budget, the 50mm f/1.4 is the next obvious
choice at about 2.5X the price and nearly twice as fast. (Ok, I did the
math and it's 65% faster.)

I can't comment on the long lens plans as my plans are for something on
the wide end, but that's based on my experience and desires.

Don't fret the cheap feel of the kit lenses. I have the 18-55 and feel
that it does very well for the money invested. At some point if I
decide I need better, I will upgrade. It will likely cost much more
than the ~$100 I have invested.

-hank