Old January 16th 06, 02:18 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Maine Photographic Workshops

yes I have attended. I did their intermediate and advanced B&w - 2 weeks
about 3 years ago. I felt it was a very good experience. I don't know if I
gained a lot of very specific knowledge - I have been trying to teach myself
for years and have a lot of "book facts" about B&W. However, being immersed
in an environnment where all you do is B&W shooting and printing, good
subjects, contact with well known photographers is very helpful. While at
the end of it I asked myself "did you really learn anything?", I can look at
the subjects & prints I do know and I am clearly doing things differently
(and in my opinion better) than I was before.

"Peregrine Rigging" wrote in message
Does anyone have any direcet experience with these folks? I'm looking
for a workshop covering candid, traditional b/w, street photography.
They have five different workshops that appear interesting but I would
like some input from those who know the organization and the quality
of their workshops.

Thanks,
David