Old June 23rd 04, 07:04 AM
Mark M

Default Ultimate Stocked Canon Camera Bag (Lens Selection) - LIMIT 6-7 lenses please!

"Mark M" wrote in message
news19Cc.118$Xs2.84@fed1read07...

"skymuffins" wrote in message
Hello, I'm new to this group. What would be THE ultimate lens selection

Canon?

I lean a bit to the nature/wildlife side of photography, but would like

build an all around selection of decent glass.

For this exercise, your camera bag can only hold 7 lenses, must have a

mix
primes and zooms, and don't just pick all "L" glass. You have $5000 to
build your lens selection.

Enjoy.

- Harrison

7 lenses?

Nah.
Start with 3 superb ones:

Canon 16-35 2.8 L
Canon 24-70 2.8 L
Canon 70-200 2.8 IS L
Canon 1.4x (or perhaps a 2x)

Whew! ...You're broke, and 4 lenses short...
...But you've got a GREAT set of glass to cover everything save macro.
For that, grab a few cheap Kenko extension tubes, and you're in pretty

good
shape.

Alternative #1:
Substitute a Canon 17-40 f4 L for the 16-35...and use the $700 savings to
grab the
Canon 100mm 2.8 USM Macro lens.

Alternative #2:
Substitute the Canon 28-135 IS for the 24-70 2.8 L, and grab the macro

with
THAT savings.

NOW... You're set!

PS...
My main lenses a
Canon 16-35 2.8 L
28-135 IS
Canon 70-200 2.8 IS L
Canon 100-400 L
Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro
Canon 50mm 1.4 USM
Canon 1.4x
Kenko Extension Tube set

I'm tempted to trade in my 100-400 toward the 24.70 L and a 2x extender...