Old April 24th 15, 01:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
****big cheese****

Default best image enlargement software?

I have been recently evaluating image enlargement using Photoshop CC
(detail preservation), Photozoom Pro 6, and Perfect Resize. This is all
on a 64 bit Win 7 system on a Dell Inspiron laptop. Had some initial
problems with Perfect Resize as my laptop's video drivers/ card wouldn't
support it, so I had to install on my desktop with supported card.

After using all 3 programs, and from what I could find googling these
seemed to be the best enlargers at present, I don't really find any
significant difference. In fact, so far, just barely above the age old
bicubic resampling the original Photoshop and other programs offered.

Photos I'm enlarging are generally 16 bit TIFF that do sometimes have
artifacts to start with, but I can sort of negate these artifacts with
any one of these three programs. Enlargements have generally ranged
from 200-500%.

Overall, I'm not all that pleased. Photozoom costs quite a lot, not
sure about CC and Perfect Resize. Perhaps I'm not using the correct
settings, although I have experimented and customized a LOT of them, or
perhaps there are better enlargement programs out there, which is why I
turned here.

Thanks, in advance, for your replies.