Old June 1st 13, 04:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_3_]

Default Stupidest, most overpriced, most poorly executed camera in thelast two years

On 6/1/2013 10:10 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,
says...

In article 2013060100334723325-adunc79617@mypacksnet,

On 2013-05-30 08:56:07 +0000, Sandman said:

In article , Mort
wrote:

Haven't kept up with Hasselblad, which one is the new one?

This Sony monstrosity. It certainly isn't an H4D-60.
http://www.hasselblad-lunar.com/

So it's a NEX-7 with an Hasselblad logo? Too bad. :/

Did you look at the price tag? That is really too bad. The fall of the
mighty.

Indeed, but this kind of rebranding is not uncommon. It's like the Aston
Martin Cygnet, the small hatchback they released back in 2011 just to
conform to some EU emission regulations. The Cygnet was a Toyota IQ with
a new grille and that's pretty much it. It cost three times as much as
the Toyota, in spite of being identical.

The price difference between the Hasselblad and the NEX-7 is even
larger, but Hasselblad insist they have the same margins on the Lunar as
on their other cameras and that they're just using better quality
material. I don't know what that's supposed to mean. Given the name - is
it space safe? Will NASA use it on the moon?

Anyone remember the Cadillac Cimarron back in the 1970s? It was just a
Chevy with a Cadillac nameplate, but priced like a Cadillac. Only
person I knew stupid enough to buy one was my stepmother, but that was
to be expected.

Haha!

My auntie bought the Lincoln equivalent, the Versaille, which was a Ford
Granada with Lincoln badges and a different paint job.

I looked at that car, took a test drive, and declined.

--
PeterN