Old November 9th 08, 03:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul[_6_]

Default picking an intro level P&S

"H.S." wrote in message
-Free...
Hello,

I am looking for a P&S going to be a gift for a relative of mine. I am
looking for a battery-included (Li ion), at least 6 MP, reasonably good
picture quality and costing around $110 (in Canada) camera. There is
some leeway in the price. If the lens starts from 28mm, all the better.
Also, ease of use and no complicated controls are desired (the user is
not familiar with camera controls). So cameras in which menus are needed
for even routine typical touristy picture taking sessions are something
I want to stay away from.

Some of the ones I am looking at a
Nikon Coolpix 8MP Digital Camera (L18)
Fujifilm Finepix F480 8.2MP
Nikon Coolpix P50
Nikon Coolpix L16
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W110

I wanted to know of people can comment on these and if somebody can
suggest other models to look at. Obviously, given the constraints I
mentioned above, a camera with shorter shutter lag and good picture
quality is desired.

Thanks.

--
Please remove all caps,if any, from my email address to get the correct
one. Apologies for the inconvenience but this is to reduce spam.

GFYS.