Old July 31st 04, 07:21 AM
Joseph Schutz

Default Minimum pixel size

Of course 1 micron is possible, but noise is the key point.
It is also worth mentioning that lens resolution would also need
to be very good, which would cost more.

You can assume that the camera companies trade off the cost
of the lens verses the cost of the sensor. I would imagine relatively
small sensors give the lowest total cost for both.

The high end cameras have lower noise because of larger pixels.
This costs more for the system.

Joe

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
Is there a lower limit to pixel size, i.e. could pixel size in a CCD go
to 1 micrometer and below (if we disregard noise issues for a moment) ?
--

Alfred Molon