Old July 16th 04, 05:54 PM
Peter De Smidt

Default Toe speed of TMAX 400 (was fridge and heat problems)

Michael Scarpitti wrote:
Peter De Smidt pdesmidt*no*spam*@tds.*net* wrote in message ...

I regularly use TMY developed in Xtol in 35mm, 120mm, 4x5 and 8x10 in
outdoor work. It works very well. Given how Mikey exposes and develops
film, I'm not surprised that it doesn't work for him. In particular, TMY
is more sensitive to underexposure and/or overdevelopment than most
other non-Tmax films. An exception would be Fuji Acros.

-Peter

Michael Scarpitti wrote:

Bull****. It's NOT suitable for outdoor work. It sucks because of the
CURVE SHAPE. S-shaped curves are better for outdoor work. TMY has a
U-shaped curve. moron.

Then I guess the print in front of me, which was taken with TMY
outdoors, must be magic.

In any case thank you for continually acting like an ass. That way
newbies won't have illusions regarding your knowledge or character for
very long.

Peter

P.S. Btw., my densitometer tells me that TMY has a very straight-line
"curve" in Xtol. But that contradicts Mikey, and so I better get it checked.

'Straight' isn't 'S'-shaped, now is it?

Nor is it 'u' shaped as you said, now is it?