Old October 19th 04, 10:31 PM
AustinBoston

(Art Salmons) wrote:

snippage

That said, I'm worried that she won't actually take the time to learn
how to use this camera correctly. She will probably set it on one of
the automatic settings and just point and click.

more snippage

What's wrong with that? That's the reason the camera has automatic
mode(s). Using them is one way of using the camera correctly.

I learned with my wife (and it's true of many, many people) that it's
best to let them go auto if that's what they want. The only thing
that would bother me is if she didn't learn to zoom or learn to turn
the flash on and off.

Myself, I'm not sure I've ever used a camera in auto-everything
mode...but I won't worry about those who do.

Austin