Old August 27th 08, 11:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
windowkbm

Default Advice, Fuji, Nikon

My only experience so far with digital cameras is with the Fuji S6500fd - this is a great camera for low light (interior) photos
and for photos of people thanks to the face detection system. There are some points to think about regarding the S1000fd
though:

1. it does not have a thread around the end of the lens so you will not be able to mount filters or additional lens components
on it (for astromony shots I would assume that it would be difficult to connect to a telescope)
2. if the aperture range is similar to the S6500fd then it will only go as far as f8 (I have just purchased a full slr digital camera
so that I can get a bigger range of aperture settings)
3. the fuji cameras are "bridge" cameras - basically compact cameras with an slr style body and some features found on a
full digital slr
4. I am not familiar with the Nikon but for similar money the Sony alpha range offer a good alternative (and can use virtually
all of the minolta lenses ever made)

Saying all of this I am keeping my fuji camera of interior and portrait photos but for everything else am using the slr.

Hope this helps

KBM