Old June 23rd 10, 02:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
/dev/null/[_2_]

Default CMOS sensors worthless for video?

On 2010-06-22 17:26:57 -0700, RichA said:

On Jun 21, 10:39 pm, Robert Coe wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 14:18:16 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wr

ote:

: CCD seems to be able to avoid motion problems that CMOS suffers from.
: How about Canon's 5DII, does it have these issues with video?

Right, Rich. And I once read a very compelling argument that for various
aerodynamic reasons a bumblebee can't fly.

Bob

I remember a plane in WW2 that had roughly the same shape as a
bumblebee and it flew.

Actually, you have to go back to 1932 and the GeeBee R-1, once flown by
Jimmy Doolittle.

http://photo.net/learn/airshow/images/geebee.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gee_Bee_Model_R

Yup put enough power in the aircraft and it'll fly. The F-104, had no wings,
and it flew. They talked about a twin engined F-104... but it scared all the
test pilots. The F-4 proved with enough power even a brick can fly.
Helicopters, well that's another thing altogether.