Old November 26th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital
[email protected]

Default Quantaray lens decent?

Just for reference I ended up purchasing a Tamron 18-200mm lens for my
D70. I have had it for 5 days now and have used it a lot. So far so
good. I have been happy with the quality. I paid around $400 for it
while the Nikon equivalent is going for around $750. I feel I made the
right choice. Thanks for the reply's to my original post.

-Cable

wrote:
Hello,
I have a Nikon D70 that came with the standard kit 18-70mm lens. It
recently took a plunge off my workbench and now I need a new lens. I
thought I'd look at something along the lines of 18-200mm but hesitate
at the cost of purchasing a Nikon lens when I have found a Quantaray
18-200mm for the Nikon DSLR's at half the cost. But, I am not familiar
with Quantaray. Has anyone had any experience with their Digital SLR
lenses? I'd love to hear some comments before I make a purchase.
Thanks.

-Cable