Old March 13th 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Differences in sensor "quality"

Well, when shooting in RAW, everything is post process. For example. in 20
seconds you can give an image all the colour saturation you want, and more.

Whether the colours are accurate when you print them, well that is a
different story because it depends on how well your monitor is set up.

"mrsgator88" wrote in message
. com...
Back in the day, photographers would extol (or decry) the virtues (or

vices)
of the various films on the market. In reading the posts here, I haven't
noticed any discussion about the subjective quality of the various sensors
in the various cameras out there. I suppose I'm really thinking about

color
rendition.

Before digital, what film you chose was important and could be quite the
topic of discussion. Now it seems that people are more concerned with

card
compatibilitiy than color quality. In a recent thread several posters

said
they wanted to use the same card in different cameras - but I've not

noticed
discussion about which sensor gives a more pleasing rendition. I can

still
remember the time when you carried an extra camera JUST to have a

different
film with you!

Has this been discussed and I've just missed it? or does modern

electronic
white-balancing mean that color rendition issues are no longer a concern?

Steve