Old April 7th 04, 04:22 PM
ian green

Default Books on Composition, developing an "Eye"?

"William J. Slater" :
m...

me myself downloaded the whole site with webzip to read it slowly at
evenings with tea & cigarettes

I've not heard of "Webzip", what is that? Is it a download I can use
and if so do you have a URL to find it at? Some of the articles are
cut off on the right hand side of the page when I try to print them
out.

yes WebZip is site download utility from SpiderSoft
mine is version 4.1.0.680 from 2001 year
their site is www.spidersoft.com
i use it sometimes for off-line reading
good for me
there's more new versions but i like the one i have

i think it's more effective that way:
1. read some articles describing basic things
2. try to photograph keeping those ideas in your mind
3. review you own photography according to rules
4. try to shoot differently

Definitely very good suggestions. The books that I have read have
mostly assumed that the reader already knew about the basics and went
on from there. I did not know any of those things like the "Rule of
3rds" or "Golden Mean", etc. Now I will have that information to use
in assessing my efforts as well as the work of others that I like. I
knew it had to be out there but was not sure just what to search for.

in fact you can find and use any good books on composition from graphic,
design, illustration, etc field
the art of composition is still only some composition techniques + your own
view
the last part is most valuable, meaningful & hard to find

Thanks again for all your help.

never mind
i've found so much info on usenet it's only natural i share something
valuable with other participants
luck

--

ian green