Old December 1st 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill

Default Q. for Ken Rockwell

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
Q. Why would anyone waste $150 on a P&S camera when a cellphone
will
also take pics just as well? I mean, unless you're Ansel Adams or
somethin, you aren't gonna notice any difference, right?

A friend has a Sony camera phone with a 2mp sensor. It takes pretty
decent photos, within its limitations of course. But given that these
limitations are not important to Rockwell, your question is quite
valid.

In fact, why have a camera at all? My girlfriend is a pretty decent
sketcher, and she can draw a scene in a couple of minutes. Isn't that
good enough?

:-)