Old March 31st 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Kodak BW400CN film and Multigrade RC

In article ,
(Dauphin Vert) writes:

are you aware of any special difficulties which may arise when
using Multigrade RC paper for making prints from a BW400CN film ?
As recommended by Kodak, the filter shall be n° 4 or 4 1/2.
thanks for any advise.

I've had no real problems printing Kodak's chromogenic film on multigrade
RC papers (mostly Agfa MCP 310 RC), except for one frame that was badly
underexposed and probably wouldn't have printed well if I'd used a
conventional B&W film. I had to max out the contrast on that one. Most
frames seem to print well with an effective contrast of 2.5-3, in my
experience. Of course, your preferences might differ or you might need
different settings with your enlarger/filters or paper.

--
Rod Smith,

http://www.rodsbooks.com