Old December 30th 05, 03:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Canon 20D tripod recommendations

"Chris" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm looking for a SOMEWHAT lightweight tripod for my Canon 20D I have
two lenses, the 28-135 IS that I use ALMOST exclusively plus a 70-200
"L" lense. If POSSIBLE I'd like to stay within $100 to $200.

Any and all recommendations will be appreciated.
Thanks
--
Chris
Visit:

I just got:

Bogen 3001PRO tripod (it comes in black, too)
Bogen 322RC2 "grip action" head

for my:
20D
70-200mm f/2.8 IS
1.4x converter

which weighs about 5.25 lbs, if I did the math correctly.

IMHO, it's a very good setup. The tripod is light and the head is very
versatile. The head with its let-go-to-secure design is a real pleasure to
use compared to other twist-tighten-to-secure designs.

The head can be reconfigured for left handed people and also for vertical
mounting (just like the older 3265 head). It easily handles my 20D/lenses,
and should even work ok when the head is set to its vertical grip position.

It's a little more than you wanted to spend, but it's highly worth it.

Bob