Old May 8th 17, 11:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Roger[_10_]

Default Should I buy a 6D or 5D4?

"Wally" wrote in message
Currently I have a Canon 7D2. Lenses include the 100L and 100-400 II.
I shoot mostly birds (with the 100-400 II) and closeups of bugs
(right, with the 100L, but I also have the MPE65). Those are all FF
lenses. I'm throwing away more than 60% of the image. On the other
hand, I like the pixel density of the 7D2, and its burst speed.

So, should I buy a 6D or 5D3 or 5D4? Or just stick to the 7D2?

Hello Wally.
My preference is to be happy with my present camera unless /until it can't
do what I want.
For example, I've changed from a camera with average and selective metering
to one that also had spot metering. The fastest speed isn't used a lot but
does mean that I get the photo I want, rather than almost getting it.

Regards, Roger.