Old October 12th 07, 11:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Ortt

Default Canon S3 IS - Now with Remote Cable Release Via USB Cable!

"KevenGaston" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 09:02:37 +0100, "John Ortt"
wrote:

"KevenGaston" wrote in message
. ..

S3 IS + CHDK =
Hi-compression Video Mode

?! I thought this was one thing it couldn't do....

Could you post a link to the information please as this is something that
would be very useful to me. I did look on the scratchpad but I couldn't
find any info on this subject.

Thanks in advance,

John

Toward the bottom of the Misc section in the firmware usage page with a
short
list of some of the sampling rate combos, files sizes, and recording times
allowed.

http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/CHD...are_usage#Misc

Thanks Keven,

Much appreciated. I bought my S3 for taking on a year backpacking.
As I am not sure how often I will be able to download my pics and vids I was
disapointed at the size of the videos. Hopefully this will allow me to
still shoot
video without the bloated file sizes. The pics will always be the most
important element for me though.