Old August 28th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bmoag

Default Inkjet printer replacement recommendation

Sitting six months without use is hard for any printer.
While I am biased in favor of the quality of Epson images and the
superiority of Epson color management and printer drivers clogging is a real
issue with Epson printers, worse when the printer is not regularly used.
If color management is not crucial to the way you print Canon printers in my
experience are less prone to printer head problems than Epson although more
difficult to get critically accurate color out of.
I do not have experience with current generation HP photo printers, which
reportedly have improved, because I found earlier generations were
disappointing.