Old August 28th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

Default Inkjet printer replacement recommendation

? "Alexander Miha" ?????? ??? ??????
news
Hello,

I am looking for printer recommendation to print digital photos (I have
a BW laser for other stuff) to replace a dying HP 5550. The features
I look for a

1. Good quality output
2. Borderless printing, preferably both 4x6 and full page (8x10, 8.5x11)
3. Reasonable cost of ink per page
4. Reliable: can withstand a pattern when it sometimes sits for months,
then prints 40 full pages of trip photos.

I am looking at printers for under $200 (buying in the US), but can
spend more if the quality is significantly higher. Also, I always print
from a computer so printing directly from memory card is not important.

Do you know/use something that fits the above descritpion?

Any info is greatly appreciated!
-- Alex

How about the canon ip 4300?

http://www.canon-europe.com/For_Home...ubble_Jet/PIXM
A_iP4300/index.asp?ComponentID=388896&SourcePageID=26389#1
It has single inks, dipensable separate head so when the ink is clogged you
trash just the head and not the whole printer, can print on printable cds
and dvds and costs here 136 euros with taxes.Every inkjet printer, according
to computer experts (I have asked them) should print at least once a week,
both B&W and colour or else.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
mechanized infantry reservist