Old August 28th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Marvin

Default Inkjet printer replacement recommendation

Alexander Miha wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for printer recommendation to print digital photos (I have
a BW laser for other stuff) to replace a dying HP 5550. The features
I look for a

1. Good quality output
2. Borderless printing, preferably both 4x6 and full page (8x10, 8.5x11)
3. Reasonable cost of ink per page
4. Reliable: can withstand a pattern when it sometimes sits for months,
then prints 40 full pages of trip photos.

That requirement means you should focus on HP printers. I
don't have one of the models that is dedicated to photo
printing, but I used one a few months ago, and the output
was fantastic. Most, if not all, models print directly from
memory cards, with provision for some editing.

I am looking at printers for under $200 (buying in the US), but can
spend more if the quality is significantly higher. Also, I always print
from a computer so printing directly from memory card is not important.

Do you know/use something that fits the above descritpion?

Any info is greatly appreciated!
-- Alex