Old April 3rd 04, 12:09 AM
Martin Francis

Default Focal plane vs. leaf shutters in MF SLRs

wrote in message
Enough with the design details - which one provides the sharpest image

overall?

Thanks

Leaf shutters typically vibrate less- certainly comparing my 'Blad or
Bronica lenses with a Pentax 67, it is a tangible difference. So in that
scenario, the leaf shutter would provide sharper images. But a rangefinder
with a FP shutter might vibrate less than an SLR with a leaf shutter, and
hence be sharper still. And a rangefinder with a leaf shutter might
potentially be even sharper...

Personally i'd aim for a camera whose shutter is moved by faeries on rocket
boots. Failing that, I don't much notice the vibes from a leaf shutter SLR.

--
- Martin Francis

"Two hundred channels, and nothing but cats"
- Jasper