Old September 13th 04, 01:01 PM
Mark Roberts

On 13 Sep 2004 04:19:15 -0700, (Ed
Blagden) wrote:

I'm thinking about getting a 35mm film scanner to deal with my
slides... approaching the digital age at a cautious pace!

One newbie question, which I have never seen the answer to: does the
autofocus feature on film scanners deal with moderately warped /
curled slides?

It gets one part of the curled slide in focus.
On the better scanners you can choose the focus point and decide
between having the center or the edge in focus. It is possible to do
separate scans using various focus points and combine the results in
Photoshop, but it's a considerable amount of work.