Old December 31st 05, 09:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.periphs.dcameras.canon

Default Canon SD400 lens stuck out

My Canon SD400 gave me a warning that the battery was running out, and
began to suck the lens back in. I pressed the on/off button while the
lens was moving and it stopped the lens and turned the camera back on.
I realized my error and pressed the button again to turn it off. As
the lens was sucking back in for the second time, the battery
completely ran out.

After charging the battery, the camera is almost non-operational. When
you turn it on in the picture or movie mode, the LCD lights up with
"Canon" then the camera beeps six times and shuts off.

I contacted Canon and they want me to send the camera back to them
(It's under warranty). Anybody have any advice or suggestions I could
try before I do this?

Note: I've tried every combination of buttons, holding buttons down
while I turn it off and on, using a fully charged battery, trying a
different card or no card at all, lightly twisting, pushing, and
pulling the lens. Nothing has worked.