Old November 15th 17, 01:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Cheap Apple

In article , Alan Browne
wrote:

No issue for 1080 - used to do that with my SO's prior MBA w/o issue and
it was slow.

there absolutely is an issue with 1080p.

both my '08 and '09 macbook pros drop frames with 1080p, and the latter
has an ssd.

Sucks to be you - did same with aforementioned MBA w/o issue. SSD is
irrelevant since the HD has way more that enough BW to deliver the content.

ssd is very relevant and has made a noticeable difference in overall
performance on my '09 mbp, but even with an ssd, there absolutely is an
issue with 1080p.

i tried it prior to posting my previous post and it was dropping frames
like crazy and losing sync.

No issues here.

bull****.

And the BW of a hard disk in a notebook far exceeds the
BW required for 1080p.

i didn't say it was i/o bound.

I guess your machine is faulty or you're using a
badly encoded video.

both wrong.

Snipped the rest as it's just your usual crap.

because you can't refute it.