Old September 25th 17, 03:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_7_]

Default Affinity Photo for iPad

On 9/24/2017 6:50 PM, Davoud wrote:
Davoud:
Stop me if you've heard this one...

Alan Browne:
What I do not support is rental s/w. That's Adobe's new path. If I
were a full time photographer, then I'd go for it. But "renting"
spinning s/w that I don't use for stretches is a stretch.

I never grasped why persons who lease houses and automobiles, who pay
for utilities by the month, who belong to membership clubs, who
subscribe to newspapers or magazines... would draw the line at
subscribing to world-class software.

That one doesn't need it is an incontestable reason, however. Here's
the thing, though: there is no minimum subscription period for Adobe
CC, including the $10 photography plan. A friend, an accomplished
photographer, activates his photography plan for about two months each
year after big photo safaris.

Now that's thinking. Reminds me when some people would rent a safety
deposit box, at a bank near the beach. They would use the vault office
to change into and out of their bathing suit.

--
PeterN