Old January 22nd 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Default Medium and Larhe Format :: which way

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 20:50:19 +1000, Steve
wrote:

Now what is the advantage for me as Joe average 5x4 black and white
photogrqpher. I already have or could easily equip a full darkroom for
next to nothing and my camera/lenses will never need replacing apart from
mechanical failure. The enlarger I have is as fine as the day it was made,
the processing system will outlast me and nothing needs updating.

No advantage to the Average Joe. The Average Joe does
not need a $40 thousand camera.

The Average Joe has much more important and sensible
needs for his $40 thousand. Like, say, a Ford Expedition or
a Cadillac Escalade.

rafe b
www.terrapinphoto.com