Old August 12th 05, 01:28 AM
Little Green Eyed Dragon

Default D70 & Dust

I having an increasingly problematic time related to
dust on my sensor, I use the camera a lot probably on the
order of 10,000 images since its purchase and have had it
for about 1 year. I change the lens on occasion, in any event
I have the power adapter and started out using a blower to
remove the loose dust, but the problem continues and got worse.

So I coughed up the 60.00 for sensor swipes and fluid and proceeded.
I have used just about the whole box and still lots of dust. Some guy at
the camera store suggested putting a single drop of fluid on the sensor
directly and I did it but the dust remains although it moves from place
to place,.... I don't believe there are any scratches "yet"

Another suggestion from someone else was to use canned air
which the manual says specifically not to do. Has anyone successfully
tried this or has success with some other approach. I am probably going
send my D70 body back to Nikon, and get a number 2 body,...but I would
like to hear some feed back if possible here.

TIA.
--
Would thou choose to meet a rat eating dragon, or
a dragon, eating rat? The answer of: I am somewhere