Old September 15th 12, 11:17 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Default What is Kodak 200-8 film?

On 2012.09.15 17:31 , D.M. Procida wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

On 2012.09.15 16:01 , D.M. Procida wrote:
I have some negatives; I thought they were shot on Kodak Gold, but the
negatives say "Kodak 200-8", and it could be ColorPlus.

Anyway, I'd like to find the best negative profile for VueScan; each
profile gives wildly different results.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Kodak+200-8

If you had actually bothered to perform a web search you would have
discovered that:

a) a number of people have also asked what the film is, and have not
found a conclusive answer, and

b) that no-one seems to have come up with a very good negative profile
for VueScan.

It wouldn't have taken you very long.

If you had bothered to read the very first Google Search response you
would have discovered that it is indeed ColorPlus film and that said
film has a dodgy reputation.

As such, serious people doing serious scanning have not used it or
developed profiles for it and that is why you cannot find one.

If you have a good reference scan, however, you should be able to
develop settings that are adequate for a film that does not have high
expectations in the first place.

Or failing that, ask Tony "Bruce" Polson. He's expert in everything and
likely took his Paris March cover photo with that very film.

--
"C'mon boys, you're not laying pipe!".
-John Keating.