Old June 19th 14, 11:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Giving photogs a bad name?

On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 09:53:08 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 6/18/2014 6:06 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 12:07:41 -0400, "J. Clarke"

says...

On 2014-06-18 13:58:49 +0000, George Kerby said:

On 6/17/14 11:49 AM, in article
201406170949556752-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"

On 2014-06-17 15:52:17 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 09:02:54 -0400, "PAS"
wrote:

I'm not sure what "facts" you're speaking of. Am I wrong that in the UK an
"ordinary citizen" like you and I are not permitted to won handguns?

Some ordinary citizens are dangerous to themselves and/or others.

Seventy year-old L.C. Williams shot himself in the foot yesterday. The
Orlandoan was carrying his gun tucked in the waistband of his trousers
and it dropped to ground. It discharged wounding Williams.
The round ricocheted and did $500 of estimated damages to a Dodge
Charger in the supermarket parking lot where the incident occurred.

I feel badly for the owner of the Dodge Charger.

Tucked in the waistband of his trousers! What an idiot!
There are too many irresponsible gun owners who get their concept of
how to carry a pistol from Hollywood and TV. If you insist on carrying
a handgun inside your waistband, which is probably the most insecure &
dangerous way of concealing a handgun, consider an *inside the
waistband holster*. They exist.

http://www.galcogunleather.com/walka..._8_7_1336.html

For my two carry weapons (I only use one at a time) I have three types
of holster:
1: A handmade belt loop holster made by Andy Aratoonian an English
leather artist who makes his holsters one at a time, and has a nine
month backlog on filling orders.
http://www.holsters.org/covert_22-holster.htm

2: A less exclusive Galco *Paddle* holster which is a grab and go rig
and both my Kimber and Glock live in one of these.
http://www.galcogunleather.com/ccp-c..._8_5_1054.html

3: Then there is the one I seldom use these days, and was only used
when there was a specific need at work, a *Small of Back* SOB holster
which makes a good concealed carry holster, with a few drawbacks. For
one, you don't want to use one of those if you are going to be sitting
in a car any length of time.
http://www.desantisholster.com/S-O-B-SMALL-OF-BACK

And there is always this model, made for those with double-digit IQ
scores...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...un-waistband-n
131666

Obviously not the brightest guy on the block.

Interesting that George uses "double digit IQ scores" as a pejorative,
thereby insulting half the population. Earth to George, 100 is
"average" and the difference between 99 and 101 is undetectable.

Except that 100 is *not* the average IQ score of the measured
population. If you use IQ as a measure of intelligence, 90 to 109
represents "average" intelligence. That is different from an average
of IQ scores.

100 is the median score level of the measured population. An IQ score
of 100 means that the test taker scored at the median level in the
population of test-takers.

If you are of an IQ sufficient to determine the intent of the Founding
Fathers, you should know the difference between an average and a
median.

Are you saying we shouldn't be mean.

That's a deviation from the topic. :-(

Eric Stevens