Old June 19th 14, 10:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

Default Giving photogs a bad name?

On 6/19/2014 4:37 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
In article , says...

"PeterN" wrote in message
says...

On 2014-06-18 13:17:18 +0000, PeterN said:

On 6/17/2014 10:53 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

snip

The Founders made a clear distinction between the "militia" and the
"military". They provided for an Army, for a Navy, and for a militia,
in separate articles.

We should note that there is no Constitutional provision for an Air
Force.

Remember, even Ben Franklin had his son fly the kite.

...and the Air Force only came into being in 1947.

However, your opinion matters not one iota. The Supreme Court has
ruled, that ruling is that the right to bear arms is a personal right
that has nothing to do with participation in a militia, and unless you
can muster enough votes to change the Constitution, its opinion
overrides yours.

I really wish you people would accept reality and drop this whole
"militia" line of argument, because all it is doing is making you look
like the same kind of deep-in-denial nutters who claim that the income
tax violates the Constitution.

WHO ARE "YOU PEOPLE."

We have met the enemy and he are us.

It's interesting that he cannot figure out that "YOU PEOPLE" refers to
the people who continue to argue that the right to bear arms is
guaranteed only to members of a militia after the Supreme Court has
ruled otherwise.

'YOU PEOPLE" is a pejorative expression typically used to paint all who
disagree with the utterer with a broad brush, when the utterer has a
position he cannot intellectually defend.

You people are all alike.

I really should learn to just killfile anybody who has a knee-jerk
reaction to expressions such as "you people".

You really should learn to loosen up. Pas made that comment just to give
me the business. Alert, even though hi and I differ religiously and
politically, in real life were are friends. I osmetimes give him the
business, and he does it to me, but it's not intended to be mean. Just
in good fun.

--
PeterN