Old August 8th 07, 07:05 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.technique.nature
Fat Sam[_2_]

Default Circular Polarizers, A Filter You Need

Bob Salomon wrote:
In article ,
"Fat Sam" wrote:

But I've used both the linear and the circular polarisers on my
digital and I honestly can't see any difference in the results when
I compare the two.

Nor should there be if they are the same quality. But under some
lighting conditions a linear polarizer will not let the AF or the AE
or both work properly if your camera has a beam splitter in the
optical system. If you have a camera without a beam splitter then you
have no reason to use a circular polarizer.

How would I find out if a camera has a bean splitter?
Serious question with a genuine reason for asking, as I'm planning to
upgrade to a DSLR from my Fuji S5600 as soon as I have the pennies gathered
up.