Old August 8th 04, 06:26 PM
John Hendry

Default fog inside lens cell

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Knoppow"
Newsgroups: rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2004 4:25 AM
Subject: fog inside lens cell

snip
Cement is available from Summers Optical.
The easiest to use is probably their Ultra Violet curing
type UV-69 This will cure with a BL BLB UV lamp. The
technique is described on their web site.
http://www.emsdiasum.com/Summers/opt...ts/default.htm

snip

No experience with UV-69 but I know firsthand that J-91 also works well and
cures with a black light fluorescent - 1min to set and 1 hour to cure. The
relative merits of these two isn't entirely clear from the website but
Summers are a helpful bunch on the phone. For separating cells I find
methylene chloride and patience (a day or so) is a low stress method that
works well.