Old April 14th 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
David Nebenzahl

Default Adams, K-factor & middle gray redux

I axed* a question in the thread above that wasn't answered, so hoping
to get a response here.

Since the crux of this whole discussion is a difference of a whole *one
third of a stop*, my question was, and is, isn't this too
inconsequential to even merit discussion, since we're talking about
black & white negative materials here? Seems to me that a third of a
stop difference, no matter what direction, is basically lost in the
noise, and certainly more than adequately covered by the latitude of
film. No?

* That's how my homies talk. Sorry.

--
I hope that in a few years it [Wikipedia] will be so bloated that it
will simply disintegrate, because I can't stand the thought that this

- Horst Prillinger (see
http://homepage.univie.ac.at/horst.p...06/000623.html)