Old April 5th 05, 07:24 AM
Ken Hart

"narke" wrote in message
oups.com...
Peter wrote:

That is the volume of developer required to cover the reels.

You need that much developer as a minimum.

I can understand that, things I do not understand are those divide
symbal and numbers after them. I also do not understand the "1x127",
is it a film format?

"1x135/126=375cc" read as "one roll of 35mm or 126 Instamatic film requires
375 cc"
"1x127..." read as one roll of 127 size film..."
127 size film is fairly uncommon, if not discontinued. Not having a roll at
hand, I can't give exact size; roughly 2" wide, it's a paper backed film
like 120 size.

if you do this,

make sure that the reel has no tendency to ride up on the centre
column, if the film rides above the developer there will be a
problem.

Thanks. I found there is a plastic lock which can lock the reel firmly
down.

Inversion agitation tends to work better than swizzle stick

agitation.

If I rotate the rod fully a circle, is it still worse than the
inversion? In my test with the cover and eyes open, I can not find a
reason why the inversion is better in the case. Maybe I i'v ignored
something, would like to tell me the story inside? A lot thanks!

I prefer inversion. I think (this could easily be completely bull!) that
rotating the reel can cause the end of the film to "un-spiral", depending on
which way you rotate. Also, the film in the center of the reel, by virtue of
being a smaller diameter than the outer part of the reel, gets much
agitation by rotating. Again, this could be utter crap, but I will still be
inverting my film tank!

Ken Hart