Old April 5th 05, 12:47 PM
Justin Thyme

"narke" wrote in message
ps.com...
I got a AP develop tank, I feel that's very good. But I still have two
question about it.

1) There is a table as below marked on the bottom of the tank, and I do
not fully understand its meaning. Can anyone explain that for me?

1 x 135 / 126 = 375cc

1 Roll of 35mm requires 375cc to cover it
2 x 135 / 126 = 650cc

2 rolls=650cc
1 x 127 / = 490cc

1 roll of 127 etc...
1 x 120 / 220 = 590cc

1 roll of 120 or 220 film...

2) After a test, I found 375cc solution can submerge one reel, and
650cc can submerge two. My 2nd question is, can I use only 375cc
solution for the processing? I remembered people adviced that it is

I have a Paterson tank that requires 290ml for 1x35mm. I use 300ml since
it's a nice round figure (easy to calculate the chemicals). Never had a
problem. My tank can take 2x35mm but I very rarely develop 2 rolls at the
same time.
best to let the solution fill the whole tank even when process one roll
in a two reel tank, that is 650cc in my case. But I think there must
be a reason that AP mark a 375cc in its tank. Actully, since the tank
provides a rod (on the center top of the cover) to stir the solution,
so I never need to shake the tank by invert it. Hence I belive there
is NO change the film will exposed to the air in the stage of
agitation. So I want to confirm that I can use only 375cc solution for
processing.

I stir rather than invert - my tank leaks if I invert it so I don't have a
choice. I've never had a problem with stirring. I stir gently, changing
direction about every second.

-
narke